Installing XenServer Tools on Linux VMs
- Select the VM in the Resources pane, right-click, and then click Install XenServer Tools on the shortcut menu. Alternatively, on the VM menu, click Install XenServer Tools.
- Click Install XenServer Tools on the message dialog to go to the VM's console.
- As the root user, mount the image into the VM:
mount /dev/xvdd /mnt
- Execute the installation script as the root user:
- If the kernel has been upgraded, or the VM was upgraded from a previous version, reboot the VM now.
Note that CD-ROM drives and ISOs attached to Linux VMs appear as /dev/xvdd rather than /dev/cdrom. This is because they are not true CD-ROM devices, but normal devices. When the CD is ejected by XenCenter, it hot-unplugs the device from the VM and the device disappears. This is different from Windows VMs, where the CD remains in the VM in an empty state.